Launching the official Photo of the year competition R50 000 in prizes up for grabs!
We are extremely excited to announce the launch of the official “Photo of the year competition”.
In a world filled with wonders, there is so much to capture and we have seen some of the most magnificent images of landscapes, wildlife, beauty and creativity.
We welcome all levels of photographers, from the smart phone enthusiasts to the professionals to submit your best images. There’s a category for everyone.
- Wildlife (excluding nature)
- Nature (excluding wildlife)
- Open Category – for the smartphone Phoneographers
We are looking for images that display vibrance and imagination, or just good timing. If you think your images have the potential, then we want to see them!
Now for the small print:
- Images must be 1920 (w) x 1980 (h) and a maximum of 2MB
- Entry fee is R100 per category and you can submit up to 4 images per category
- Competition runs until 5 July and judging will be done independently by the Photography Society of South Africa
- 3 Finalists per category will be selected
- Finalists will be notified and your work will be printed and showcased at the Photo and Video Experience from 26-28 July 2019
- The winner of each category will be announced at the event
- Any editing is limited to minor adjustments and retouching – modifications should not alter the overall content of the image (excluding the creative category)
So gather your best work and head over to Photo Vault to submit your entries. From there, all you need to do is hold thumbs and wait anxiously to find out if you’re in the running to win up to R50 000 in prizes!
Get in touch with us:
For exhibition queries or to book a stand, contact:
Show Director, Stephen Segal
For visitor or marketing queries, contact:
Marketing Manager, Priyanka Lutchman